Within the UK it is against the law to have a vehicle on the road which does not hold a valid tax disc; without one you are not allowed to drive it on the road.
When purchasing a used truck and even a new truck there are certain things you need to do before a tax disc can be obtained. Trucks 2 Go can help you to get the information you need in order to be able to tax your used truck and make it legal to drive on the road.
If you have bought any of the below used trucks you will need to obtain a ‘Application to tax a Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV)’ (V85) form;
- Reduced Pollution HGV
- Trailer HGV
- Reduced Pollution Trailer HGV
- Private HGV
- Special Trailer
- Special Types Vehicles
- Reduced Pollution Special Types Vehicles
- Small Island Vehicles
- Recovery Vehicles
- Combined Transport Vehicle
- Reduced Pollution Combined Transport Vehicle
Once you know which form you require then you need to locate a DVLA centre and arrange a one to one meeting where you will present the following information:
- Vehicle Registration Certificate or New Keepers Details
- A valid Insurance Certificate
- A valid HGV Licence
- A valid Goods Vehicle Test Certificate (if your vehicle is not exempt from testing)
- A design Weight Certificate (if your vehicle must have one)
- A valid Reduced-Pollution Certificate (for reduced pollution vehicles only)
The DVLA will check through your documents to ensure that they are all legitimate before allocating you with a tax disc and then it will be legal to drive your used truck or new truck on the road.
Trucks 2 Go Stock a whole range of quality used trucks 01925 766527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.